This intercooler system reduces charge air temperature entering the engine, increasing the air density for increased power and torque, while reducing the overall thermal load on the engine and cooling system as exhaust temperature is reduced as much as 150šF. This results in less transfer of heat to the cooling system and assists in maintaining normal coolant temperature on long hard pulls towing high gross weight vehicles. Since the intercooler is mounted between the frame rail below and behind the bumper there is no impact on the engine cooling system. Air traveling beneath the vehicle is trapped between the road and the bottom of the intercooler, which gives the intercooler excellent performance even at low vehicle speed.
In addition to power and performance, you can anticipate an increase in fuel economy as the cooler, denser air creates a lean air/fuel ratio and in conjunction with less heat loss to the cooling system, fuel mileage can increase from 4% to 7% depending on driving conditions, weight towed, etc. Approximate installation time is 5 to 7 hours.
- Bolt on intercooler kit…no modifications required.
- Bar and plate core design — designed for rugged conditions and high boost levels.
- Computer modeled core design — high effectiveness and low pressure drop.
- Works with all ECU upgrade programs.
- Intercooler can be used as a stand-alone upgrade kit or with any ECU upgrade or reflash.